Michele Quattlebaum Shareholder
Michele Quattlebaum has been a Shareholder and attorney with Sprott Newsom Quattlebaum Messenger since 2012, focusing her practice on personal injury litigation defense. Ms. Quattlebaum has worked in the legal industry for over 40 years.
She is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Texas, as well as the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas. In addition to these admissions, she is one of only a very small percentage of Texas lawyers to qualify as Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization – an achievement she has maintained for over 30 years, since 1991.
She has four decades of trial experience in all areas of personal injury and products liability, including commercial trucking, construction, premises liability, toxic tort, and medical, nursing, pharmacy, chiropractic, hospital, dental, nursing home, and optometric malpractice. She has tried more than 100 cases to verdict in most areas of Texas, as well as in Illinois, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, and Florida. She has also handled suits in many other states on a pro hac vice basis.
Ms. Quattlebaum routinely consults with professionals on risk management and employment matters. She represents professionals before their respective board of examiners.
Her peers say, “Michele is extremely well regarded in Texas personal injury litigation, and she’s earned it. While her outright legal knowledge is impressive, the combination of her experience and common-sense approach leaves her a force to be reckoned with. Michele’s clients always come first, and in my own experience in consulting and learning from her, she consistently goes above and beyond the call of a Texas lawyer’s already considerable duty to her clients. Likewise, her clients are in great hands.”
Ms. Quattlebaum graduated from William Woods College with a Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Technology, magna cum laude. Subsequently, she earned her law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston.
In 2019, Ms. Quattlebaum was awarded a Doctor of Chiropractic Humanities, Honorary, by Texas Chiropractic College, Pasadena, Texas.
She achieved and has maintained the distinguished AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. Additionally, she was been selected by her peers for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers every year since 2012 under the category of Medical Malpractice Defense. She is a member of Top Female Executives, Professionals & Entrepreneurs, the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Houston Bar Association, Defense Research Institute (DRI), and Texas Association of Defense Counsel.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Juris Doctor, 1981
- William Woods College, Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, 1977
- Doctor of Chiropractic Humanities, Texas Chiropractic College, 2019
Bar and Court Admissions
- Texas, 1981
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1991
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Super Lawyer, 2012 – 2020
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Top Female Executives, Professionals & Entrepreneurs, Member
- Speaks throughout Texas and the United States to professional groups on risk management, ethics, HIPAA, and documentation
- Conducts webinars on documentation, HIPAA, ethics, risk management, and Medicare documentation