In any business, a small issue can balloon into a serious dispute that can financially devastate an organization and possibly its owners. With a strong legal team on your side, you can potentially avoid serious problems, whether in negotiations outside of court or in litigation. At Sprott Newsom, our attorneys are skilled at helping all kinds of businesses manage commercial litigation issues of all types, including breach of contract, employment disputes, and more.
We review agreements, policies, and other documents and procedures to make sure they are worded to protect our clients and ensure our business clients have plans in place to deal with any disputes should they arise. Building plans for how to address issues before they happen can help avoid serious problems. If an issue does come up, we are adept at resolving matters outside of court through methods including mediation, arbitration, and negotiation, to see if a solution can be found. If, however, litigation is unavoidable, our team is skilled at fighting for our clients in state and federal court. No matter how a problem evolves, we always aim to help our clients save time and money that could be better spent helping their businesses grow.
Sprott Newsom handles a wide range of commercial litigation disputes. We have extensive experience counseling clients toward positive resolutions with regard to:
- Contract Disputes: Businesses utilize a variety of contracts that govern how they deal with employees, clients, and vendors to ensure the company is protected. Anytime someone fails to live up to the terms of a contract, the other party can hold that person or business accountable. Our team knows how to draft, structure, and review business agreements to protect against potential issues and we also deal with any contract disputes that may arise.
- Unfair Business Practices: If someone alleges your business misled to or defrauded its customers and/or another entity, you need help to protect your company. We have successfully handled Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Consumer Protection Act (DTPA) claims, as well as more broad experience with claims of misrepresentation, false advertising, or fraud. We handle cases involving a single claimant, a small group of claimants, or even class action lawsuits with a larger number of claimants, and we tailor our process depending upon the situation.
- Business Torts: If a business suffers a loss due to the misconduct of others – such as through a breach of fiduciary duty, defamation, or unfair competition – it may be able to hold the other party accountable. Damages can be sought not just for the direct financial loss caused, but also for items like reputational harm. These cases can be very complex, as they often involve multiple parties, require analysis to determine future losses, and can take intense investigation to determine what actions ultimately caused the loss. Our lawyers know how to approach these cases and advocate for our clients no matter the situation.
- Construction Litigation: Texas is a growing state, and if you look around it seems like construction is happening everywhere. If there is any problem with a building, particularly if it causes bodily harm to someone, the construction firm may be held liable for the issue and could be looking at extensive and costly litigation. Our firm has worked with construction companies across the state to manage and resolve these types of claims.
- Product Liability: If you create any kind of product, you could be held liable if it hurts someone in some way. We ensure our clients are doing everything possible to design, manufacture, market, and distribute safe products and that they have processes in place to document these actions. If a product is alleged to be causing problems, a recall may be contemplated. Similarly, if your business uses a product that causes any issues for the organization, you can potentially seek to hold the other business accountable. No matter what the situation, our legal team can navigate all of these issues and manage any related lawsuits.
We often see clients that think they can deal with a business dispute themselves, which can ultimately lead to more headache and cost. No matter how minor you may think the issue is, consulting with the experienced commercial litigation team at Sprott Newsom can help you manage the situation. We are here to help you, so you can focus on your business.